japanese sewing adventure




I signed up for the Japanese Sewing class at I mentioned to you before over at Modern Domestic. It's an all day workshop the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I just went and bought one of the required books, happy homemade vol.1, at this amazing Japanese market out in Beaverton (I need to go back there and spend more time browsing! Why is stuff from Japan so simple and cute?). The class is supposed to guide us through patterns written in Japanese. Looking at it, I think a little help would be good. I think I've settled on making the dress shown above (B). Now I need to buy fabric ;)

I am soo excited to get to take a sewing class!! (thanks to Trevor and his parents for the awesome birthday gift)

2 comments:

cara | 10/21/2010 5:16 PM

Exciting! The class sounds awesome - challenging but awesome. I am having a hard enough time deciphering the 1961 pattern for Etta's dress and it's written in English. That modern domestic place sounds amazing - so many fun classes and it seems like a neat creative community of people. And they have open sewing time!!

Portland has everything cool! How do we not have something like that in Bellingham?

Unknown | 10/22/2010 10:03 AM

I don't even know how much fabric to buy or if there's any other supplies I need.
If you lived in Toronto you could go to this one http://www.theworkroom.ca/
Same thing; very cute. It's such a great idea - I've gathered with friends before to sew. It's a nice way to share projects with friends and get some good tips. So I love this idea and the space is so nice. Maybe you guys should move down here. Just sayin.

Post a Comment